Within our website you’ll find a wealth of information relating to Oldbury On Severn, its residents, local groups and much more. You will also find a section dedicated to the local Parish Council, providing information about the work of the Council, your local Councillors, access to minutes and agenda’s and much more.
We are always looking for ways to improve our website so if you have any ideas on how this can be achieved or if you have information that you would like to share with other residents please do not hesitate to contact us.
What’s New in the Parish
To help parishioners keep up to date with the latest developments and goings on we will be regularly updating this page detailing new events, groups and activities happening around the Parish. You’ll be able to download any relevant publications from the links below.
We may highlight one particular event or group (as well as providing lots of other information about what’s happening at any time), so if you have a new group, event or activity that you would like to see highlighted please let us know.
- Advanced Notice Of Tree Surgery Work : During September/October (exact date still to be agreed) tree surgery work will be carried out on three trees in Pickedmoor Lane. The trees all have branches which are overhanging the road and could fall into the road during high winds. During the work, the road will have a STOP – GO traffic control system employed whilst offending branches are being removed. It is not anticipated that the road control system will be in force for more than a few hours and disruption will be kept to the minimum possible. As soon as a definitive date for the work is agreed, the council will advertise the date accordingly.
- Neighbourhood Plan 2017 : Learn about the Neighbourhood plan 2017 and download a questionnaire. To find our more please click here.
- Oldbury Flooding Report : To see a detailed report into the possible causes of flooding in Oldbury in March 2016 please click here. To read S. Glos Councils response to our ‘Have Your Say’ event in July 2016 please click here.
- ‘Welcome Packs’ : Information about the new welcome pack that is available to all new residents of Oldbury on Severn. Please click here to download a copy.
- Village History Group : Learn about the Village History Group and its upcoming events. Please click here to download an information leaflet.
Electoral boundaries review: South Gloucestershire Council wards
The Local Government Boundary Commission for England (LGBCE) is asking people across South Gloucestershire to comment on proposed new electoral arrangements for South Gloucestershire Council. The LGBCE has proposed new council wards, ward boundaries and ward names across the council area.
Oldbury on Severn Parish Council was consulted earlier in this process and responded that the PC felt that the parish would be best served by remaining within the rural Severn Vale ward rather than being brought into a more urban ward e.g. becoming part of a Thornbury ward.
LGBCE have now published their proposals, a summary of which can be viewed here. More details, including interactive maps, can be found by visiting www.lgbce.org.uk/current-reviews/south-west/gloucestershire/south-gloucestershire.
Under the proposed arrangements, Oldbury would remain within Severn Vale ward, which would be expanded to include the Almondsbury and Alveston areas. The enlarged Severn Vale ward would be represented by 2 ward Councillors.
If you wish to comment on the proposed changes you can do so:
- Via the above web page – “Have your say” button;
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In writing to: The Review Officer (South Gloucestershire), LGBCE, 14th Floor, Millbank Tower, London SW1P 4QP